Friday, October 16, 2009

Next Week is Turkey Week on the "New" She-Smoke Blog!



Get ready to learn about smoking your own turkey next week. It is also the "unveiling" of my new blog format: Tuesday is Barbecue 101 day. Wednesday is News, Reviews and Interviews day. Thursday is the Weekend Warrior BBQ Recipe, and Friday, just for fun, is Food Poetry Day!!!

So.. for Turkey week, on Tuesday, I will cover the basics of brines, rubs, and smoking a turkey at home for our Barbecue 101 "class". On Wednesday, I'll interview Danielle Dimovski of the competition barbecue team, DivaQ. As a Canadian, she's just celebrated Thanksgiving. We'll see her TV spot on the Canadian version of the Today Show, and, well, talk turkey with her. On Thursday, I'll post a step-by-step smoked turkey recipe, and on Friday I will attempt a poem about turkeys. My hope is that you all will send in your food poems as well.

Can't wait! I just bought my all-natural turkey. I'll be putting it in the brine on Saturday and smoking it on Sunday. By then the pictures will be ready to post next week.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment