Thursday, July 11, 2013

Coming up: Chef Eric's Secret to Smoking a Suckling Pig and Seafood Fest!

Next week I'll post a tutorial on smoking a whole pig. Not a big ol' hog, but a suckling pig under 35 lbs. My husband Eric has a pretty unique way of doing whole pigs. He says someone surely has done it his way, but I've never seen it, so I'm calling it a secret until proven otherwise.

Before that post, we have a huge weekend coming up which includes the Ballard Seafood Fest! Smokin' Pete's will be in booth F22. We'll serve pulled pork & chicken sliders, plus Mussels in a Smoked Tomato & Fennel Sauce and a new seafood item this year - New England Clam Cakes. I won't be posting that recipe. That one really is secret. But I will post the mussel recipe. I'll sneak that in before the pig tutorial.

But don't just read about it, if you are local, come to Seafood Fest and try it. F22, on Leary Way off Market Street, between the Kiwanis and the cranky New Orleans Cookery guys. Hope to see you this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad I found this web site, I couldn't find any knowledge on this matter prior to.Also operate a site and if you are ever interested in doing some visitor writing for me if possible feel free to let me know, im always look for people to check out my web site.
    best e cigarette

    ReplyDelete
  2. This article was written by a real thinking writer. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back.
    www.vapourdiscountcodes.co.uk

    ReplyDelete